Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pig Races and Other Fun Stuff

Yes, it's true. I was at a Pig Race at the Sussex Fair yesterday. Never been to a county fair in my life until yesterday - being unemployed certainly leaves me with a lot of time on my hands.
Pigs, goats, cows, roosters, guinea pigs and hamsters too. We saw them all. I must admit, I enjoyed the day. First of all it was sunny - what you say, sun in NJ? Yes it is true the sun was shining. Today of course it is pouring her in Central NJ.
Secondly I was with some nieces and nephews and watching the kids on the rides brought back memories of the days of putting my own children on rides.

Which brings me to the topic of Disney World. Just read an article in today's paper announcing that due to falling guest numbers the brilliant Disney execs have decided to raise the price of admission. Hmmmmm - let's see how that discussion went -

Gentlemen, as you know due to the economy, guest sales are falling and attendance has dropped dramatically. Seems people can no longer afford to come to our park. How do we get them here - Oh I know, lets raise the price so even fewer families can afford the daily passes. You know they say less is more. So sure we'll have a lot fewer paying "guests", but we can now charge those few who still can afford it an arm and two legs to get in. We are Disney after all, while everyone else is cutting prices we must raise ours to stand out in the crowd.

So now a the cost of pushing a sleeping 3 year old around the park on a daily basis is $68. (Yes 3-9 year olds pay $68 a day.) Adults will now get in for a bargain price of just $79 a day. WOW what a bargain!!! Reminds me of the time we took our daughters of 4 and 5 to the park, waited almost 2 hours for the Dumbo ride and then watched them go around only 3 times before they were dumped off. What fun! My oldest daughter cried when they put her off.

I think I'll take a mortage on the house and book my trip now.

1 comment:

  1. Some of my in-laws live in upstate New York and one time I was there I asked if there were any county fairs that we could go to. They thought I was goofing on them but I really like those things. That is where I saw my first pig race and I still get a laugh when I think about it. I wish I knew where that tape is hiding.

    ReplyDelete