Monday, August 10, 2009

Back By Popular Demand

Here I sit after shutting down for a week to regroup after the announcement of my daughter's engagement and impending nuptials. As a mother, I would like nothing more than for my daughter to stay single and at home with me forever. But alas, she refuses to cooperate as did my oldest daughter. Being too old (in my opinion at least) to have more kids I'll have to suck it up and live vicarously throught my sisters' grand kids.

I recently spent 4 beautiful days in Manahawken and LBI at Chez Torry. A wonderful B&B I would recommend to anyone in my family. LOL This wonderful mini vacation has raised some questions and concerns -

Strolling along the beach at Ship Bottom one day I accumlated a lovely collection of NO, not shells or sea glass, but empites - water bottles, beer and soda cans, broken kids toys, chip bags etc. I didnt stop to pick up any of the thousands of cigarette butts that people leave in the communal ashtray once knows as a beach. Perhaps the Army Corps of Engineers can stop hauling in sand and just leave it to the smokers to replenish the beaches with butts. It has to be a lot easier to get a butt out of your butt than that pesky sand.

Now I know that people pay tons of hard earned cash to live at or rent property on LBI and for the life of me, I just can't understand why they want to pay that kind of money and turn it into a garbage dump????????? I wonder if they also throw trash out in their own back yards???

Coming home, I was so happy to find that the dogs in the neighborhood had left me tokens of their appreciation on my front lawn. There is nothing like stepping out on my front porch in the AM and inhaling the sweet aroma of dog doo.
Again I ask, do these people let their dogs crap on their own lawns and leave it there? I think not! We pay big bucks in taxes here, we have a Pooper Scooper law that to my knowledge seems to be unenforceable - so I get the dubious honor of grabbing a bag and picking it up and leaving it as a gift for our trash collectors. Just today, the hubby who refuses to pick any up (he retches at the thought of it-similar to his reaction to the presents our daughters once left in diapers), just kicked it off the lawn and into the street for others to enjoy. Feel free to stop by and enjoy it for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. My first visit and my first comment...duh! Liked what I read, wished there was more! You make me laugh. And don't you have a Walmart near you? They are always looking for a greeter and with your 50ishfiredandfedup 'tude you could so land that one!! LOL Love your blog, I'm coming back for more, so get fired up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I just "stumbled" onto your blog and became a follower. I am older than you (68), facing a hip replacement in Jan, and possibly other joints in the near future. Life is full of unexpected circumstances for all of us, not all are pleasant. As my two grand daughters learned at daycare..."You get what you get and you don't throw a fit". Good advice I think! You have a quirky way of expressing yourself that makes me say, "atta girl"! I have some of the same thoughts you expressed and I did read all of your postings. Our world is up-side-down and backwards right now and most of what is happening above you and me in those offices of the rich and powerful, is mind boggling. Where have all the people with common sense gone?
    I wish you luck in finding a job and getting your daughter married. As "Awnald says"..."I'll be back"... for another dose of your humor and comments.

    May God bless you today in an amazing way! Martha

    ReplyDelete